Friday, December 24, 2010

Reverb

I have heard a lot about Reverb and always wanted to give it a try. Well, better late than never. And what a lovely way to begin. 

Our daily prompt: Everything’s OK What was the best moment that could serve as proof that everything is going to be alright? And how will you incorporate that discovery into the year ahead? 

Good question. Well, anyone who reads this knows how tough my year has been. And tough is taking it lightly. It's easier to point out my darkest moments than my best. But, what this year has shown me was that I can take on some major things. Heavy things. Things I never thought I could lift I have lifted. I walked away stronger- tired- but stronger. 

I've had a few best moments- these moments were just the times that I realized that I was happy. That I could still feel happy. Those moments were me feeling myself being a good person to someone else. That I could still want to be there for others, to make their days brighter. Those moments were of me accomplishing things that I had wished for. Like getting the  job I really wanted, loving the job once I had it, walking my dog alone again at night, letting my mom hug me again.

How did I know in those moments that everything would be alright? In all honesty, I didn't. I had no idea, no faith, nothing to go on that things would be okay. I just had myself. Putting one foot in front of the other. That small internal warrior, demanding I get up everyday and fight- that made me feel that maybe I could be okay. 

How will I incorporate this into the next year of my life? It has all made me grateful. I don't believe that all things happen for a reason- but I do believe that I can take something from all of this. I appreciate more- appreciate my morning commute to work, appreciate my home, my friends, appreciate me. I will incorporate this terribly dark year by seeing the light in what I have. My discovery of things being okay is a daily one, this year I plan to discover some good things in life. Good discoveries- everyday. That would be okay.

 

No comments: